[ejabberd] Enabling verbose logging on Debian / Failing S2S with certain servers

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Mon Jan 22 23:54:43 MSK 2007

Hello,

Le 22 janv. 07 à 20:12, Alex Jones a écrit :

> Yes, connections to other (working) servers are open, and my SRV
> records
> are in place.

Yours are in place, yes but in the link that I send you it explains
how to set up Erlang to resolv others SRV record. From what I
understand of your problem, this is the solution.

> S2S does actually work with some servers. Specifically though, I can't
> talk to jabber.ru and desrt.ca.

Yes, probably with servers that do not use SRV.

> The problem is that the logging just gives no hints at all. I am using
> Debian and would rather not mess around trying to recompile the
> package
> - is there really no other way to turn on more verbose logging?

As I said, this have been implemented in the SVN version. In this
version you have to recompile to turn on debugging. In the new
version the logging is fully dynamic, with a nice logging code that
do not impact performance when turned off.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/