[ejabberd] Re: New ejabberd Windows installer

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 30 21:24:21 MSK 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:44:18PM +0100, Micka?l R?mond wrote:

> ejabberd Windows installer has been updated:
[...]
> Your feedback is welcome :)
Installs and works smoothly on WinXP SP2.

But I would suggest several tweaks of the packaged config file:
* Fix paths to the server certs -- now they coniain two
  backslashes in each path I have seen, and those backslashes
  render their paths unreadable for ejabberd (since they create
  escape symbols in that paths).
* Enable STARTTLS on 5222 and SSL on 5223 per default.
* Enable zlib on 5222 per default.

The latter two propositions are to make just installed ejabberd
as much feature-rich as possible thus allowing for quick testing
of its features.

Also, I don't know whether it's at all possible, but not leaving
the service in the "running" state if ejabberd failed to start
would give a clear hint to the administrator, which is now
must resort to peeking to the end of the log file or run
netstat to look if the XMPP ports are being listened on.