[ejabberd] cean ejabberd

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 18 16:20:39 MSD 2007

Christophe Romain wrote:
> Hello
>
> The archive you mention is just concatenation of cean_base and all
> dependencies.
> no config, no tests, no checks....
> actually, cean does not include ejabberd for solaris. it will in few
> weeks.

Oh, ok.  That contradicts what the web page says, but I will look
forward to trying it.

> new ejabberd installers are being worked on, and will include a
> solaris one.

cool

> by the way, you can get an erlang compiler on your solaris using the
> developer disqtribution of cean.

Hmm.  Why does the ejabberd configure script continue to look for the
erlang binaries in /usr/local/bin?

> ./configure --enable-odbc --with-erlang=/opt/cean/erlang/
checking for gcc... /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc accepts -g... yes
checking for /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for erlc... /usr/local/bin/erlc
checking for erl... /usr/local/bin/erl
/usr/local/bin/erl: /usr/local/bin/erlang: does not exist
/usr/local/bin/erl: /usr/local/bin/lib: does not exist
system sunos-sparc is not recognized
/usr/local/bin/erl: /usr/local/bin/erlang: does not exist
/usr/local/bin/erl: /usr/local/bin/lib: does not exist
system sunos-sparc is not recognized
configure: error: erlang program was not properly executed,
(conftest.out was not produced)