[ejabberd] ejabberd login problem

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Fri Jul 27 14:13:14 MSD 2007

On 7/27/07, Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze at pandora.be> wrote:
> 2007/7/27, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan at nes.ru>:
> <snip>
> > As a result, the only reasonable way of installing ejabberd in Linux
> > is using a distribution package (binary package in Debian or Ubuntu,
> > port in FreeBSD, ebuild in Gentoo, are there other examples?).
>
> Not per se, source code also is reasonable as long as there is a good
> erlc binary (or even better: easy to compile erlc). My hoster don't

Currently installing ejabberd from the sources is nearly impossible.
After 'make install' you won't be able even start ejabberd without
reading docs. After reading docs you'll be able to start ejabberd, but
not stop ejabberd. Only after the user will find ejabberdctl which
isn't installed on 'make install' and has to be found in 'tools'
directory he possibly will be able to start it. (ejabberdctl isn't
documented anywhere though).

--
Sergei Golovan