[ejabberd] ejabberd crashes

Igor Goryachev igor at goryachev.org
Mon Jul 30 18:24:24 MSD 2007

"Sergei Golovan" <sgolovan at nes.ru> writes:

>> Hello. I have a weird problem with ejabberd: it crashes sometimes (not often)
>> silently, not leaving anything behind in the sasl.log.
>> I have ejabberd.log disabled as I use http-binding and it grows way too
>> rapidly.
>> Can ejabberd.log contain valuable info about crash reasons?
>> If not - how can I find out why these crashes happen?
>
> Usually, erlang leaves erl_crash.dump in its working directory. It
> might be useful in debugging.

Also it could be a well-known (i.e., http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/node/1126)
problem with tls_drv.so which is sometimes reproduced only on some
machines with the same configuration. The only way to resolve the issue
is to recompile ejabberd's drivers with debug information, reproduce a
bug and try to get core dump, then analyze it.

    Igor Goryachev              E-Mail/Jabber: igor at goryachev.org