[ejabberd] server design questions

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Mon Jul 30 21:41:23 MSD 2007

On 7/30/07, Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu> wrote:
> I didn't see much of a response to my questions.
>
> What about limits on the number of virtual domains?  Aside from
> configuration complexity, are there any other concerns?

If you're using SQL database ejabberd keeps opened up to ten
connections to a database server per virtual host. If you're using
Mnesia you'll almost certainly get scalability issues (Mnesia is not
very robust with huge data, and it is proved to behave badly during
server startup and during backup/restore from backup).

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan