[ejabberd] Ejabberd and too many connections

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sun Jun 3 12:09:46 MSD 2007

Hello,

Le 2 juin 07 à 20:22, <petr.mat at centrum.cz> <petr.mat at centrum.cz> a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have ejabberd configured to work with MySQL. Today I see that
> ejabberd makes 10 (really ten) processes for each database (= for
> each domain). So today for 9 domains it is 90 processes. How it
> will look for 1000 domains?
> Is this behaviour ok?
> We need to host more domains on ejabberd ...

Virtual hosting is working this way currently. You seem to think that
10 connections on the database is a lot, but for heavy traffic site,
10 connections is often not enough and we will make this configurable
in the future version.

Why are virtual hosts in different DB ?
Because it reduce the size of the DB, but most of all it makes it
possible to turn easily a virtual hosted domain into its own domain.
This is needed if one virtual host grows a lot.

If you want to do massive hosting, the current behaviour will need to
be modified, to store several hosts in a single DB, at the expense of
database size (you have to store more data because the host becomes
not implicit anymore).

I hope I answered your question,

--
Mickaël Rémond