[ejabberd] How to cluster the ejabberd sever in linux.

jeff.xmpp jeff.xmpp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:48:58 MSD 2007

Hi,All

I have used binary file to install ejabberd 1.1.3 in two ubuntu 6.0.6 lts
servers both of them works fine. When I want to cluster them, I met some
problem as I followed the guide in ejabberd 1.1.2 installation and operation
guide.

First I start the ejabberd server in the first machine.

For I used the binary file to install the ejabberd , so the default cookie
is ejabberd and I have not find a .erlang.cookie file in my home directory.
In order to  make these two machine have the same cookie, I add ' -setcookie
ejabberd'  in the erl command when I started with the command in step 2.
Till now, everthing is ok.

After run the command 'mnesia:info().', I well see the following line:
running db nodes = [ejabberd at first, ejabberd at second] as the guide doc
described.

At the same timie, we can fine two running nodes named ejabberd at first and
ejabberd at second in the admin webpage in the first machine.

Then I use the command in step 3 and quit erlang shell with q().

After I commented  the two line relate with mod_irc and mod_muc in the
ejabberd.cfg file in second machine, I start up the ejabberd server in the
second machine.

Now, if I login the admin webpage of first machine, I can only find one
running nodes named ejabberd at first and the ejbberd at second lie in the stopped
nodes. In the admin webpage of second machine, I only see the
ejabberd at second in the running nodes, I could not fine the ejabberd at first.

If I register a user called test001 at first, I can not log it in the second
machine with the JID called test001 at second.

I do not know why these two machine did not cluster with each other for I
just follow the user guide from the website.

After I run the commands in the e-shell and reboot the machine, a directory
named mnesia.ejabberd at second will be created and several files in it , I
thought maybe these file should be placed in the
/opt/ejabberd-1.1.3/database/ejabberd directory, so I added   ' dir
/opt/ejabberd-1.1.3/database/ejabberd ' in the command in step 2, but after
this, I can not login the admin webpage in neither of these two machine.

any reply relate to ejabberd cluster will be appreciate.