[ejabberd] Multiply domains and PostgreSQL

Patryk Szczygłowski patryk.szczyglowski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:51:13 MSK 2007

On 3/1/07, Mickaël Rémond <mickael.remond at process-one.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Le 1 mars 07 à 14:49, Manuel Mely a écrit :
>
> Ok, but most of the people that are trying to deploy ejabberd server
> using pgsql as a backend have a custom DB that it is used by other
> services as mail.
>
> It will be interesting to modify the pgsql module to have the ability
> of specify what fields we are going to use for authentication, as well
> as use the JID=email for auth.
>
> It depends. Some company providing hosting are willing to use separate
> database. This way, if a site becomes big, they can make move it to another
> machine, without having to change, move split the database.

You're right, but it shouldn't make much difference to include "host"
field. If company wants to keep each domain in it's own database,
"host" field will just contain single value. If they want to do mass
domain hosting, creating, for example, 10000 databases, is shooting
your own foot.

--
Patryk Szczygłowski
patryk.szczyglowski//gmail.com