[ejabberd] what to use to write plugin for ejabbered?

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:52:32 MSK 2007

2007/2/27, Dmitri <project1 at sharedlog.com>:
> but not sure how to add plugin written in
> perl to ejabbered.
>
> maybe someone has already wrote similar plugins? I would appreciate any
> good advice.

You can write both applications as Jabber bots, you don't need to
write an ejabberd module, or even a Jabber component for that.

Examples of Jabber bots, maybe you can write your requirements as
plugins for any of them, or adapt them. Or at least they give you
ideas:

Neutron: http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/neutron
Edgar: http://edgar.netflint.net/
Sulci: http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/sulci

There are many other bots, and even perl scripts to send system alerts
to Jabber accounts.