[ejabberd] audio/video chat clients

Dmitri project1 at sharedlog.com
Fri Mar 2 23:39:48 MSK 2007

oliver oli wrote:

>Dmitri wrote:
>

>>also, I looked at wildfire xmpp server and they recently released a beta
>>plugin that uses Red5 server to provide video/audio chat capabilities.
>>So, why does wildfire need Red5 for this to work and ejabbered does not?
>>I mean, they both use the same xmpp protocol, or does ejabbered has some
>>extra functionality for video/audio chat?
>>

>there is no way to establish p2p connections between flash clients.
>where a google talk (jingle) audio chat uses direct client to client
>communication, flash needs always a server in between. i guess the red5
>plugin is used to stream audio and video over rtmp.

it would be very cool if someone wrote the same plugin for ejabberd.
I understand that wildfire plugin includes a complete red5 server in the
plugin, so you don't need to have Red5 installed in order to use this
plugin.

both Red5 and wildfire are written in java, so maybe that makes it easy
to combine these two. I just hope to see the same plugin for ejabberd.
Maybe there is a way to utilize an already installed Red5 for ejabberd?