[ejabberd] ODBC MySQL connection timeout

Safford, Brian brian.safford at eds.com
Sat Mar 3 10:56:20 MSK 2007

I had posted a question earlier about MySQL connection timeouts, and had
received a suggestion to up the WAIT_TIMEOUT limit on my MySQL server,
which I did.

I am now seeing these errors in my ejabberd.log file:

=ERROR REPORT==== 2007-03-03 01:55:31 ===
E(<0.290.0>:gen_iq_handler:101) : {{case_clause,
                                    {error,
                                     "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51
Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-standard]MySQL server has gone away SQLSTATE IS:
00000"}},
                                   [{mod_vcard_odbc,process_sm_iq,3},
                                    {gen_iq_handler,process_iq,6},
                                    {gen_iq_handler,handle_info,2},
                                    {gen_server,handle_msg,6},
                                    {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}

They show up when someone logs in after the connection seems to have
timed out.  If ejabberd can tell that the MySQL server has gone away,
why doesn't it try to reconnect?

Regards,

Brian Safford
Senior Consultant