[ejabberd] ODBC MySQL connection timeout

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sat Mar 3 18:03:29 MSK 2007

Hello,

Le 3 mars 07 à 15:50, Safford, Brian a écrit :

> Hmm ... yet ejabberd is able to tell that the server has gone
> away ... so wouldn't it be able to re-connect?

Because, the driver is using code 0000 which is a generic error code.
What you see is an user oriented error message. Parsing the code to
analyse the user message is a hack, that can be broken depending on
the version of the MySQL ODBC driver or can work differently with
other ODBC drivers.
It is doable, but it is rather ugly.

> May I request that my earlier suggestion for having the built-in
> mysql driver be given the ability to specify an alternate port be
> given a higher priority?

Using the MySQL native driver is probably the best solution, I agree.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/