[ejabberd] agents vs. discovery

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Mar 6 20:09:26 MSK 2007

On 3/6/07, Daniel Henninger <jadestorm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure Wildfire also doesn't do agents.  You might want to
> look into jabberd1 or jabberd2 in the meantime?  There are scripts to
> migrate from them to ejabberd.  =)

Mmmm, not sure if that is a good solution. First, AFAIR agents support
has been removed in the latest version of jabberd14. Second, jabberd14
might not scale enough for your big deployment. I think your best
options are:
* switch to another Jabber client
* write a module for ejabberd that does agents
* pay someone to write a module that does agents
* try to convince someone to write for free a module that does agents
* try to contact Jabber Inc to discuss this issue, I guess they would
more like to see that your company uses ejabberd instead of LCS

btw: why does your company wants to switch to LCS instead of e.g.
ejabberd? For example, are the promotional materials of LCS fancier?
Some feedback can be interesting.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.