[ejabberd] agents vs. discovery
s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Mar 6 20:09:26 MSK 2007
On 3/6/07, Daniel Henninger <jadestorm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure Wildfire also doesn't do agents. You might want to
> look into jabberd1 or jabberd2 in the meantime? There are scripts to
> migrate from them to ejabberd. =)
Mmmm, not sure if that is a good solution. First, AFAIR agents support
has been removed in the latest version of jabberd14. Second, jabberd14
might not scale enough for your big deployment. I think your best
* switch to another Jabber client
* write a module for ejabberd that does agents
* pay someone to write a module that does agents
* try to convince someone to write for free a module that does agents
* try to contact Jabber Inc to discuss this issue, I guess they would
more like to see that your company uses ejabberd instead of LCS
btw: why does your company wants to switch to LCS instead of e.g.
ejabberd? For example, are the promotional materials of LCS fancier?
Some feedback can be interesting.
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
More information about the ejabberd