[ejabberd] Ejabberd Recovery

Tilman Bender tbender at stud.hs-heilbronn.de
Sun Mar 11 19:21:26 MSK 2007

Hi everyone,

I have trouble recovering my ejabberd from a sudden power-cut.
Problem is the same as also described in:

http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/node/510
or
http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/jadmin/2005-November/097272.html

Conditions are as follows:
I run ejabberd on a small home computer (debian stable/testing mix) and use
ejabberd 1.1.2-6 package from debian testing.
Yesterday there was a powercut which caused all machines in my home to do a
reboot. After that ejabberd does not come up again properly.  (same behaviour
as described by Trejkaz)

The logfile does not contain anything about recovery or mnesia failure
(again: a adjustable debugging level would be a tremendous help!)

I made a connection to the node running ejabberd and did a mnesia:info():
(sorry to post it inline but I am not sure how mailinglist handles
attachments)

serverle:~# erl -sname blubber -remsh ejabberd at localhost
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]

Eshell V5.5.2  (abort with ^G)
(ejabberd at localhost)1> mnesia:info().
---> Processes holding locks <---
---> Processes waiting for locks <---
---> Participant transactions <---
---> Coordinator transactions <---
---> Uncertain transactions <---
---> Active tables <---
local_config   : with 14       records occupying 2044     words of mem
config         : with 13       records occupying 603      words of mem
privacy        : with 0        records occupying 279      words of mem
passwd         : with 11       records occupying 1284     words of mem
irc_custom     : with 0        records occupying 279      words of mem
roster         : with 128      records occupying 43933    words of mem
last_activity  : with 10       records occupying 1139     words of mem
sr_user        : with 1        records occupying 433      words of mem
offline_msg    : with 2        records occupying 17576    bytes on disc
route          : with 6        records occupying 703      words of mem
motd           : with 1        records occupying 677      words of mem
acl            : with 2        records occupying 380      words of mem
disco_publish  : with 0        records occupying 5752     bytes on disc
s2s            : with 0        records occupying 279      words of mem
vcard          : with 6        records occupying 64320    bytes on disc
sr_group       : with 2        records occupying 677      words of mem
vcard_search   : with 6        records occupying 1621     words of mem
motd_users     : with 6        records occupying 749      words of mem
schema         : with 24       records occupying 3107     words of mem
session        : with 0        records occupying 279      words of mem
private_storage: with 1        records occupying 6472     bytes on disc
muc_room       : with 1        records occupying 625      words of mem
muc_registered : with 0        records occupying 279      words of mem
pubsub_node    : with 8        records occupying 8622     bytes on disc
===> System info in version "4.3.3", debug level = none <===
opt_disc. Directory "/var/lib/ejabberd" is used.
use fallback at restart = false
running db nodes   = [ejabberd at localhost]
stopped db nodes   = []
master node tables = []
remote             = []
ram_copies         = [route,s2s,session]
disc_copies        = [acl,
                      config,
                      irc_custom,
                      last_activity,
                      local_config,
                      motd,
                      motd_users,
                      muc_registered,
                      muc_room,
                      passwd,
                      privacy,
                      roster,
                      schema,
                      sr_group,
                      sr_user,
                      vcard_search]
disc_only_copies   = [disco_publish,
                      offline_msg,
                      private_storage,
                      pubsub_node,
                      vcard]
[{ejabberd at localhost,disc_copies}] = [muc_registered,
                                      muc_room,
                                      schema,
                                      motd_users,
                                      vcard_search,
                                      sr_group,
                                      acl,
                                      motd,
                                      sr_user,
                                      last_activity,
                                      roster,
                                      irc_custom,
                                      passwd,
                                      local_config,
                                      privacy,
                                      config]
[{ejabberd at localhost,disc_only_copies}] = [pubsub_node,
                                           private_storage,
                                           vcard,
                                           disco_publish,
                                           offline_msg]
[{ejabberd at localhost,ram_copies}] = [session,s2s,route]
13 transactions committed, 45 aborted, 0 restarted, 1 logged to disc
0 held locks, 0 in queue; 0 local transactions, 0 remote
0 transactions waits for other nodes: []
ok

What information should I gain from this and how can I recover my
server?
Trejkaz, if you read this, could you say how you got your problem fixed back
then?

regards
Tilman Bender   | tbender at stud.hs-heilbronn.de
HS Heilbronn    | Linuxpool