[ejabberd] ejabberd servers recovery from net partition

Igor Goryachev igor at goryachev.org
Tue Mar 13 01:20:12 MSK 2007

"Zbyszek Żółkiewski" <zbyszek at toliman.pl> writes:

>> I'm running ejabberd in a clustered configuration on two seperate hosts.
>> Over the weekend both servers stopped acknowledging each other (net
>> partition). What is the standard recovery procedure for such an instance.
>>
>> Note: the two boxes can now ping each other
>
> cluster restart. it is known issue, when link between min. two ejd nodes is
> lost - nodes cannot reconect - search this group for details.

The same failure sometimes occurs with my servers. Is this an ejabberd
or erlang issue itself? Is there a solution instead of cluster restart,
which seems to be redundant?

I have found http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2006-September/002145.html,
but there is no concrete answer or solution/workaround.

    Igor Goryachev              E-Mail/Jabber: igor at goryachev.org