[ejabberd] ejabberd servers recovery from net partition

Zbyszek Żółkiewski zbyszek at toliman.pl
Tue Mar 13 13:04:24 MSK 2007

yes but still this can lead to some problems. When you are running high
loaded server there is no way that there will be all elements intact. We
have cluster working in local network and we have several issues related
with node disconnections. Without restarting "separated" node (node that
fall out from cluster), this node will never come back to cluster.
One of the solutions is that all nodes will use relational database - not
distributed, so in even of interconnect failure, db still be consistent (so
f.e. ejabberd-node-disconnected can safely reconnect to cluster)

On 3/13/07, Mickaël Rémond <mickael.remond at process-one.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> Le 12 mars 07 à 16:37, Zbyszek Żółkiewski a écrit :
>
> cluster restart. it is known issue, when link between min. two ejd nodes
> is lost - nodes cannot reconect - search this group for details.
>

> It is not an issue but a security measure. Nodes can reconnect if both
> database element have not changed. If they have changed there is no way to
> automatically know which records in the database should be kept.
>
> --
> Mickaël Rémond
>  http://www.process-one.net/

pozdrawiam,