[ejabberd] Installed Ejabberd 1.1.3 with installation script - trouble logging in.

Tom tom.valdes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:20:42 MSK 2007

I'm unable to login after installing 1.1.3.

I have Erlang compiled and installed.

I then run the install script as follows:

sudo ./ejabberd-1.1.3_1-linux-x86-installer.bin

I choose all the defaults..
Installation Directory [/opt/ejabberd-1.1.3]:
ejabberd server domain [TestServer]:
Administrator user name [admin]:
Administrator password :   <password entered>
Retype password :  <password confirmed>
Cluster [y/N]:
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]:
Setup has finished installing ejabberd on your computer.
View Readme file? [Y/n]:

Then after switching to /opt/ejabberd-1.1.3/bin

./ejabberdctl start

I also tried ./start and the page comes up telling me the following:

     has been started...

   By default, the web administration interface is enabled. You should
be able to connect to the admin interface and log in with
   the user admin at TestServer and the password you defined during the
installation.

In both case above, I navigate to the webpage and the username and
password prompt appears.

I enter admin at TestServer and my password, but they are not accepted.

Any pointers?

thanks,
tom