[ejabberd] Help installing ejabberd

Larry Klein Larry.Klein at sdgc.com
Mon May 7 20:02:09 MSD 2007

Hi,
I'm attempting to install ejabberd 1.1.3 using the provided installer on 64 bit Red Hat AS 4 Rel 3.

The installer is not completing on 1.1.3 (The post-install script is not completing properly).  I'm getting the following error:

Error: Error running Post Install Script.
The installation may have not completed correctly

I checked the logs in /tmp and all the logs say is that the postinstall script didn't finish successfully.

When attempting to run the script manually, I get the following:
       -=- ejabberd post installation script -=-
              (c) 2005-2007 Process-one

* Checking ejabberd installation

* Starting ejabberd instance
* Error, ejabberd can not start

In sasl.log, I get the following:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 7-May-2007::11:54:19 ===
     Supervisor: {local,crypto_sup}
     Context:    child_terminated
     Reason:     {port_died,normal}
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.102.0>},
                  {name,crypto_server},
                  {mfa,{crypto_server,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,2000},
                  {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 7-May-2007::11:54:19 ===
          supervisor: {local,crypto_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.120.0>},
                       {name,crypto_server},
                       {mfa,{crypto_server,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 7-May-2007::11:54:19 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.120.0>
    registered_name: crypto_server
    error_info: {port_died,normal}
    initial_call: {gen,init_it,
                      [gen_server,
                       <0.94.0>,
                       <0.94.0>,
                       {local,crypto_server},
                       crypto_server,
                       [],
                       []]}
    ancestors: [crypto_sup,<0.93.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.94.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 610
    stack_size: 21
    reductions: 629
  neighbours:

As far as I can tell, OpenSSL is installed...Is this a known issue?

Please let me know...

Larry