[ejabberd] ejabberd s2s connections with twitter.com

Marc Matteo marcm at lectroid.net
Fri May 11 06:06:43 MSD 2007

Hi all,

I've recently set up an ejabberd server (1.1.3) and I'm having issues
with s2s connections to twitter.com.  Yes, I've done the SRV fix so
sites like gmail.com work fine.

It seems like a starttls connection is initiated and then it just
stops, leaving me with a 404 remote-server-not-found error.

I've turned on debugging and what I think is the relevant snippet is:

----------
D(<0.311.0>:ejabberd_s2s_out:813) : srv lookup of 'twitter.com': [{5,
                                                                    0,

5269,

"jabber01.twitter.com"},
                                                                   {10,
                                                                    0,

5269,

"jabber02.twitter.com"}]

D(<0.311.0>:ejabberd_s2s_out:840) : srv lookup of 'twitter.com':
[{"jabber01.twitter.com",

5269},

{"jabber02.twitter.com",

5269}]

D(<0.311.0>:ejabberd_s2s_out:186) : s2s_out: connecting to
jabber01.twitter.com:5269

D(<0.312.0>:ejabberd_receiver:261) : Received XML on stream = "<?xml
version='1.0'?><stream:stream xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/
streams' xmlns='jabber:server' xmlns:db='jabber:server:dialback'
id='1539875582' version='1.0'>"
D(<0.312.0>:ejabberd_receiver:261) : Received XML on stream =
"<stream:features><starttls xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'/
 ></stream:features>"

=INFO REPORT==== 10-May-2007::14:22:51 ===
I(<0.311.0>:ejabberd_s2s_out:662): terminated: normal