[ejabberd] EJabberd crashing

Adam Kalsey adam at imified.com
Tue Nov 6 19:36:04 MSK 2007

Ejabberd (1.1.4 on Debian Etch) is regularly crashing for me. This
happens several times a week. There's nothing in the log files that
indicates what the problem is, but sometimes after restarting the server
crashes again immediately and places this in the log file...

=ERROR REPORT==== 2007-11-06 16:16:55 ===
Mnesia(ejabberd at master): ** ERROR ** (could not write core file: emfile)
  ** FATAL ** Cannot open log file "/var/lib/ejabberd/PREVIOUS.LOG":
{file_error,

  "/var/lib/ejabberd/PREVIOUS.LOG",

  emfile}

=ERROR REPORT==== 2007-11-06 16:16:55 ===
** Generic server ejabberd_sm terminating
** Last message in was {mnesia_system_event,{mnesia_down,ejabberd at master}}
** When Server state == {state}
** Reason for termination ==
** {node_not_running,ejabberd at master}

=INFO REPORT==== 2007-11-06 16:16:55 ===
     application: mnesia
     exited: shutdown
     type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 2007-11-06 16:16:55 ===
     application: ejabberd
     exited: shutdown
     type: temporary

Although I have the heartbeat option set when I start ejabberd, the
server never appears to restart.

The server is serving three virtual hosts, with about two dozen
connected clients in total. There's several thousand jids each on the
roster of two of the clients, and the rest have much smaller rosters

--

Adam Kalsey
http://imified.com | 916.600.2497 | aim/skype: akalsey

Easily create and host IM bots for any web service at http://imified.com