[ejabberd] ejabberd http-binding and XEP-0124

Bartosz Ptaszynski yazzgoth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:01:18 MSK 2007

I'm working on a project where the only way to communicate with
ejabberd is via cookie-less HTTP requests.
I have problems with authentication on ejabberd with this method when
I follow the steps in XEP-0124 and XEP-0206.

Here's what I do:
POST this:
           hold='1'
           rid='123123433'
           to='"+server+"'
           wait='60'
           ver='1.6'
           xml:lang='en'
           xmpp:version='1.0'
           xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/httpbind'
           xmlns:xmpp='urn:xmpp:xbosh'/>

ejabberd responds as expected, sending sessionID and confirming wait,
hold, requests and version.

Then I'm trying to initialize the SASL with following post:
     rid='123123434'
     sid='sessionID' >
<auth xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl' mechanism='PLAIN' />

where the sessionID is what the server sent us.
At this point ejabberd responds with status 400.

Any thoughts highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bart