[ejabberd] chatroom cleaning

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Nov 15 23:11:07 MSK 2007

On 2007-11-15, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> time for a chatroom? If so, I assume that I can do a dirty delete to
> remove old rooms.
>
> Oh, also the IQ-result for the room list is 271330 bytes, which is a
> problem for s2s communication if one of the servers doesn't allow
> stanzas that big. :)

Thanks to Peter for helping me track this down.  The default ejabberd
config file has a stanza max size of 128K.  So I was able to join
chatrooms on conference.jabber.org via my ejabberd servers, but not
able to browse its room list via them.  What's worse, ejabberd never
logged that it dropped anything due to the max stanza size
restrictions.

I'd suggest two things:

1) Raise the max stanza size to 300K
2) Log when it triggers things to be dropped

-- John