[ejabberd] chatroom cleaning

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Nov 16 01:28:40 MSK 2007

John Goerzen wrote:
> On 2007-11-15, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> time for a chatroom? If so, I assume that I can do a dirty delete to
>> remove old rooms.
>>
>> Oh, also the IQ-result for the room list is 271330 bytes, which is a
>> problem for s2s communication if one of the servers doesn't allow
>> stanzas that big. :)
>
> Thanks to Peter for helping me track this down.  The default ejabberd
> config file has a stanza max size of 128K.  So I was able to join
> chatrooms on conference.jabber.org via my ejabberd servers, but not
> able to browse its room list via them.  What's worse, ejabberd never
> logged that it dropped anything due to the max stanza size
> restrictions.
>
> I'd suggest two things:
>
> 1) Raise the max stanza size to 300K

Why not 500k? These limits seem rather arbitrary to me. What size is
desirable depends on your deployment. At jabber.org we have it set at
64k because we have 300,000 registered users and an older machine. But
for a smaller company deployment 300k or 500k might be just fine.

> 2) Log when it triggers things to be dropped

+1 to that.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre