[ejabberd] mod_muc moderated room?

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Wed Nov 28 20:41:04 MSK 2007

Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu> writes:

> Is this page still accurate?  http://www.ejabberd.im/node/392
> Does mod_muc support group chat moderation?  It presents "Make room
> moderated" in the room options, but I can't tell if it works, or if I'm
> not using it correctly.
>
> If it doesn't work, I think I'll try hiding the option and recompiling.

That depends on what you mean by "moderated".  The regime described in
the article, that every single message is to be approved by a moderator,
is not implemented.  However, you can have a room where non-members are
"visitors" (i.e. can't speak).  To do that, set "Default users as
participants" to false.  The option "Make room members-only" doesn't
even let non-members enter.

The option "make room moderated" indeed does nothing.  Hiding the option
is a very sensible thing to do.

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se