[ejabberd] http_bind & high CPU load: help needed

George Hazan george.hazan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:35:23 MSK 2007

   Hello.

I need to establish a jabber server with ~10000 connections via http-bind.
Unfortunately on my server even 700-800 users create 192% CPU load (two Xeon
3GHz processors). All connections do almost nothing but reading a roster and
sending one message in maybe 5 minutes.

I tried to turn on epoll support (Linux Red Hat Enterprise), but the CPU
usage is still too high (140-150%). Postgres database is on another server,
and this server does almost nothing, the overall load there is less than 5%.

Any help is greatly appreciated... I can't set up 10 front-end servers for
this task. Ejabberd was compiled from trunk.

--
WMBR, George Hazan (ghazan at postman.ru)