[ejabberd] Proposed huge reorganization of ejabberd.cfg.example

Jaco Kroon jaco at kroon.co.za
Wed Oct 3 20:12:44 MSD 2007

Badlop wrote:
> ---------------------- START ejabberd.cfg.example
> %%%
> %%%               ejabberd configuration file
> %%%
>
> %%% The ejabberd Guide provides detailed explanation of
> %%% the parameters used in this ejabberd configuration file.
> %%% Please consult the Guide in case of doubts,
> %%% it is included in your copy of ejabberd, and is also
> %%% available in ejabberd home page.

Please consulte the Guide in case of doubts, the guide should be
included in your copy of ejabberd (usually insalled in /usr/share/doc),
and it's also available online at http:// ???????

> %%% The options in this file are specified as Erlang terms.
> %%% You only need to know some basic hints:
> %%%
> %%%  - The character to comment a line is %
> %%%
> %%%  - Each term ends in a dot, for example:
> %%%      override_global.
> %%%
> %%%  - A tuple has a fixed definition, its elements are
> %%%    enclosed in {}, and separated with commas:
> %%%      {loglevel, 4}.
> %%%
> %%%  - A list can have as many elements as you want,
> %%%    and is enclosed in [], for example:
> %%%      [http_poll, web_admin, tls]
> %%%
> %%%  - A keyword of ejabberd is a word in lowercase.
> %%%    The strings are enclosed in "" and can have spaces, dots...
> %%%      {language, "en"}.
> %%%      {ldap_rootdn, "dc=example,dc=com"}.
> %%%
> %%%  - This term includes a tuple, a keyword, a list and two strings:
> %%%      {hosts, ["jabber.example.net", "im.example.com"]}.
> %%%

What is a term, a tuple, a keyword?  Most people don't think in terms of
database terminology.  I know what a tuple is, and keywords are common
to programmers, and I'm only familiar with a term in a mathematical sense.

Jaco