[ejabberd] Usernames with a period in them + ldap + admin

Eric S. Johnson esj at cs.fiu.edu
Wed Oct 3 21:10:59 MSD 2007

Ok, so I have a ldap database of users who I am trying
to set up jabber based chat server for.

The ldap_uidattr is "uid", and the uid's are of the
form

	Firstname.Lastname

The ldap seems to be fine. My users can connect using
Firstname.Lastname at jabber.my.domain.  And they can chat.
Life is good.

But admin access via the web didn't seem to work.

I set {acl, admin, {user, "Eric.Johnson"}} and also
{acl, admin, {user, "Eric.Johnson","jabber.my.domain"}}

But trying to log into http://jabber.my.domain/admin:5280
or http://jabber.my.domain/admin/server/jabber.my.domain:5280
would get me a "Not Authorized" message.

But if I create a ldap user with uid jabberadmin and set
{acl, admin, {user, "jabberadmin"}}
the admin login works....

So, my questions are:

1. Are dots (.) not allowed in JID's?

2. Or is this a bug in code?

3. Is there a way for the "admin" access to be in the
local database and use LDAP for other auth?

Thanks for any pointers...