[ejabberd] ldap shared roster and "nicknames"

Tomasz Noiński noix at sphere.pl
Mon Oct 15 14:08:48 MSD 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:18:45 +0200
Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/10/14, Tomasz Noiński <noix at sphere.pl>:
> > On Sun, 14 Oct 2007, Badlop wrote:
> > > Some people already expressed interest in this topic, check Jira and
> > > also the links to Bugzilla:
> > > https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-114
> >
> > Thanks, so I'll wait for ejabberd 2.1.0!
> >
> > In the meanwhile, is there any workaround?
> > For example, manually set the name in the shared roster with some script?
> > Or manually set the name in the roster for each user with some script? (If
> > it makes sense, as I'm not sure how the shared roster works).
>
> I explicitely said: 'check Jira and also the links in Bugzilla'. Did
> you really check them?

I thought I have (and I checked again just now), but I haven't found
any solution. That's why I asked if there might be a workaround.
(There were ~3 different patches in JURA/Bugzilla addressing a similar
issue, but only for mod_vcard or mod_vcard_odbc -- and I'm using
mod_vcard_ldap.)
Well, thanks anyway.

Noix