[ejabberd] 'Hello world' service

John Almberg jalmberg at identry.com
Wed Oct 17 03:21:06 MSD 2007

I am trying to figure out how to add a service to ejabberd for a
project I've been asked to do. The application would use ejabberd
with some added features, thus the need for new services.

I've got a running ejabberd server and the new Erlang book. What I'm
looking for is some docs that will help me develop a new service...
basically, enough to write the equivalent of a 'Hello World' service,
as a first step.

I've found the "Modules development" page on the Process One site,
and of course I have the source code, and I have the old O'Reilly
Jabber book for general background. That's probably enough, but can
anyone suggest any other documentation that might help?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks: John