[ejabberd] pbs with ejabberd svn (Continued)

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 22:12:32 MSD 2007

2007/10/19, jcbeylot <jcbeylot at gmail.com>:
> i tried to reinstall an old svn ( 2007-09-14 ). Everything is ok :
> i get Node ejabberd at localhost is started. Status: started
> ejabberd is running
>
> I reinstall svn 960 from scratch. I deleted all directories.
> i verified there were no daemon ejabberd or epmd running.
> When i start ejabberd with sbin/ejabberdctl (... after change /bin/sh to
> /bin/bash )
> using default ejabberd.cfg,  now i get  :
> Node ejabberd at localhost is started. Status: started
> ejabberd is not running

> what is supposed to be 'already started' ?

Well, quite strange, but at first sight it would appear as if ejabberd
wants to start two stringprep things:

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Oct-2007::11:48:47 ===
          supervisor: {local,stringprep_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.107.0>},
                       {name,stringprep},
                       {mfa,{stringprep,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 18-Oct-2007::11:48:48 ===
     Supervisor: {local,ejabberd_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {already_started,<0.107.0>}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,stringprep},
                  {mfa,{stringprep,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

I'm starting SVN r960 for several days, both using the new ejabberdctl
and my old start script, both in my Debian unstable, and also in
Ubuntu unstable without such a problem.