[ejabberd] external auth problems

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:18:47 MSD 2007

2007/6/29, Brian Moore <brianmooreca at yahoo.com>:
> i was having problems using external auth due to the script
> in ejabberd-1.1.3/examples/extauth/check_pass_null.pl
> reporting what appears to be the wrong input signature.
> here's a patch for the problem:
>
> 21c21
> <     my ($op,$user,$password) = split /:/,$buf;
> ---
> >     my ($op,$user,$host,$password) = split /:/,$buf;

The extauth protocol is now described in dev.tex:
http://forge.process-one.net/browse/ejabberd/trunk/doc/dev.tex?r1=705&r2=961

I've submitted your comment to ejabberd's official bug tracker:

> i looked around for how to become a contributer to the
> repository but was not able to find how to commit this
> patch myself. thanks very much,

Such a document does not exist.

Maybe in free software and open source projects it is common to get
commit access to the svn repository based in merits, knowledge,
experience or long-standing commitment to the project.

This is not the case in ejabberd. You can submit patches to the
official bug tracker, and the topic may be _eventually_ reviewed by an
approved person. Check Alexey Shchepin [1] and Mickaël Rémond [2]
previous statements in the topic.

According to a Jira statistic [3], issues tracked there are resolved
in SVN around 3 months after first submitted.

In respect to stable releases, if ejabberd gets yearly releases it
means issues are resolved every 6 months in average. That means 12
months in the worst case: if the issue is tracked immediately after a
stable release.

[1] http://www.ejabberd.im/interview-aleksey
[2] http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2007-August/002890.html
[3] https://support.process-one.net/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?periodName=monthly&daysprevious=360&projectOrFilterId=project-10011&selectedProjectId=10011&reportKey=com.atlassian.jira.ext.charting%3Aaverageage-report&Siguiente=Siguiente