[ejabberd] ejabberd outbound s2s srv issue

mitcheloc mitcheloc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 03:56:17 MSD 2007

Hello, I'm using the ejabberd 1.1.14 version (Windows installer from
Process One website) with a clean install.

Currently it is not communicating with other servers (though it does
with Jabber.org - probably by falling back to the hostname). I think
its an outbound SRV issue per this:

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.2.2 [source] [async-threads:0]

Eshell V5.5.2.2  (abort with ^G)
(ejabberd at localhost)1> inet_res:getbyname("_xmpp-server._tcp.gmail.com",srv).
{error,timeout}

I came across the following web page which seems to discuss solutions
for a similar issue to the one I'm experiencing:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/fix-dns-srv

However, I'm not clear on how to apply Solution 1 to my version of
ejabberd running on windows.

Thanks in advance.