[ejabberd] ejabberd won't start (64 bit solaris)

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 6 21:47:52 MSD 2007

I recompiled ejabberd as 64 bit on solaris.  Now, I get this error when
I start ejabberd.

=INFO REPORT==== 6-Sep-2007::12:44:25 ===
     application: ejabberd
     exited: {bad_return,
                 {{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                  {'EXIT',
                      {badarg,
                          [{erlang,
                               port_control,
                               [stringprep_port,1,"d000.wisc.edu"]},
                           {stringprep,control,2},
                           {jlib,nameprep,1},
                           {ejabberd_auth,auth_modules,1},
                           {ejabberd_auth,'-start/0-fun-1-',1},
                           {lists,foreach,2},
                           {ejabberd_app,start,2},
                           {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
     type: temporary

I'm not really sure what this means.

Jesse