[ejabberd] Relationship between J-EAI and ejabberd?

Tom Samplonius tom at samplonius.org
Sun Sep 23 03:07:30 MSD 2007

  It seems that J-EAI is based on ejabbered, but J-EAI has not been updated in quite a while.  Is J-EAI still maintained?

  Does ejabbered have the same subpub support as J-EAI (XEP-0060)?  It looks that way.

  I'm looking for a simple messaging system to to queue up background processing from a web site.  Basically to handle those tasks that take too long to serve during the web request.  But I need something that won't lose messages easily either.  It seems that some people are using ejabberd for this, though there is not real information about this in on the wiki.

Tom