[ejabberd] vcard/profile questions

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 25 00:01:57 MSD 2007

Using ejabberd 1.1.4...  I have mod_vcard enabled globally with the
default settings.  Setting, getting, and searching vcards seems to work
as advertised for all virtual domains.

I can't search vcards with Gajim.  I'm able to "discover" the service,
but can't open it.  I'm able to use Gajim to search jabber.org's vcards
from my jabber.org profile.  Is there anything with jabber.org's
configuration?

Is there a size limit for avatars?  If not, is there a way to detect and
remove a large avatar from a vcard?

Is there a size limit for the entire vcard?  What is the typical average
vcard size per user?

What is the difference between mod_profile and mod_vcard?  Is
mod_profile a replacement for mod_vcard?

It was mentioned earlier that jabber.org suffers from performance
problems due to a large vcard database.  Is this because they're running
32-bit and have a 2GB limitation on the mnesia tables?  I've compiled
erlang/ejabberd as 64-bit, so will I not have these same limitations?