[ejabberd] eJabberd + MySQL?

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:37:09 MSD 2007

2007/9/25, Florian Jensen <admin at flosoft.biz>:
> I wanted to ask, if it is wise to use a MySQL DB for the users, and if
> yes how? The thing is, that we want to integrate the jabber login into
> a website, and allow user registrations via Jabber and Web.

Are you sure the best way to create accounts is messing with the
database (either MySQL or any other)? Why not letting the server
handle the account creation?

ejabberd includes several ways to create accounts, maybe one or more
of them is suitable for your needs:
 - In-Band Registration, used by Jabber clients, libraries and web
tools like 'Jabber Registration Tool'
 - Command line ejabberdctl
 - Web Admin
 - Ad-hoc command as defined in XEP-0133