[ejabberd] [just for fun] erlang/ejabberd on nokia n800 device

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 12:50:11 MSD 2007

An image for History?

> I've run erlang (R11B-5) and ejabberd (1.1.4) on my Nokia N800 device
> (Debian GNU/Linux based OS, kernel 2.6.18). The server is up and running,
> you can access it under home.goryachev.org (in-band registration and s2s
> are open).

Did you compile erlang/otp in the phone?
If so, how much hours did it cost to compile?
Did you install a special erlang/otp, or the stock one?
If the stock one, did you need to tweak it to compile successfully?

For curiosity: your ejabberd reports as operating system of your
phone: unix/linux 2.6.18

This is the first time I read anybody running ejabberd in a phone, but
I guess it will not be the last. So, it would be nice if you can make
some photographs of your achievement for history record.

Some possibilities:
 * A photograph of your phone screen, showing ejabberd shell console
and the typical 'started: ejabberd', or 'Accepted connection'
messages.
 * A photograph of your phone screen, showing a mobilebrowser (or
lynx) with ejabberd Web Admin.

If both are possible, even better.

And to further impress the viewer, next to the phone I would put a PC
monitor with your preferred Jabber client logging in your server. I
guess a photograph can't capture all that :)

PS:Erlang on Neo1973:
http://www.lshift.net/blog/2007/09/16/erlang-on-neo1973-cellphone