[ejabberd] gen_event handler sasl_report_file_h crashed.

Christian Gueder gueder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 10:18:33 MSD 2007

Hi all,

i am new to this mailing list and proudly run an ejabberd node since
about half a year without any problems. I like the stability and
performance of this precious open source jewel, designed with the
advantages of erlang in mind.

Unfortunately, this morning, the ejabberd service was no more running.

I was not able to restart the service using the /etc/init.d/ejabberd
start script and so checked the the ejabberd log, wich told me the
following:

=ERROR REPORT==== 2007-09-28 06:57:39 ===
Mnesia(ejabberd at phobos): ** ERROR ** (could not write core file: enospc)
 ** FATAL ** {error,{"Cannot rename disk_log file",
                     latest_log,
                     "/var/lib/ejabberd/PREVIOUS.LOG",
                     {log_header,trans_log,
                                 "4.3",
                                 "4.3.3",
                                 ejabberd at phobos,
                                 {1190,955459,658741}},
                     {file_error,"/var/lib/ejabberd/LATEST.LOG",enospc}}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 2007-09-28 06:57:49 ===
Mnesia(ejabberd at phobos): ** ERROR ** mnesia_event got unexpected event: {'EXIT',

     <0.62.0>,

     killed}

=INFO REPORT==== 2007-09-28 06:57:49 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: killed
    type: temporary

=ERROR REPORT==== 2007-09-28 06:57:49 ===
** gen_event handler sasl_report_file_h crashed.
** Was installed in error_logger
** Last event was: {error_report,<0.35.0>,
                                 {<0.16791.0>,
                                  crash_report,
                                  [[{pid,<0.16791.0>},
                                    {registered_name,ejabberd_router},
                                    {error_info,
                                        {aborted,

{node_not_running,ejabberd at phobos}}},
                                    {initial_call,
                                        {gen,
                                            init_it,
                                            [gen_server,
                                             <0.199.0>,
                                             <0.199.0>,
                                             {local,ejabberd_router},
                                             ejabberd_router,
                                             [],
                                             []]}},
                                    {ancestors,[ejabberd_sup,<0.36.0>]},
                                    {messages,[]},
                                    {links,[<0.199.0>]},
                                    {dictionary,[]},
                                    {trap_exit,false},
                                    {status,running},
                                    {heap_size,610},
                                    {stack_size,21},

The ejabberd service is running on one of those old but freaky two
ampere compaq servers with debian etch.

Does anyone already had such a problem (found nothing in the forums)
or can tell me where i best start searching?

Thank you,
Christian