[ejabberd] Welcome to the "ejabberd" mailing list

Thiago Silva tsilva at sourcecraft.info
Sun Sep 30 05:09:21 MSD 2007

Hello there,

I'm playing with ad-hoc commands (xep-0050), but I'm unable to
understand how to announce/publish and execute commands. I'm sending
queries from one client to another, and the server answer in behalf of
the responder (which never receives the request). So, I'm not sure I
understand correctly the xep or the server implementation.

For instance, this is a test I did here. Supose the user
bar at slack-lap.casa is querying foo at slack-lap.casa about the commands
it supports:

<iq type='get'
    from='bar at slack-lap.casa'
    to='foo at slack-lap.casa'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'
         node='http://jabber.org/protocol/commands'/>
</iq>

The server responds in behalf of foo with an empty list:

<iq from="foo at slack-lap.casa" type="result" to="bar at slack-lap.casa/Psi" >
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items"
node="http://jabber.org/protocol/commands" />
</iq>

So, foo at slack-lap.casa never gets the query, therefore, it can't send
a response with his own list of commands.

Now, I don't understand how can I attach some commands to
foo at slack-lap.casa and having other JIDs (like bar@) querying for
these commands and execute them. I must be missing something... I
tried looking at the manual, configuration file, etc, but didn't find
anything relevant.

Can anyone help? (using ejabberd 1.1.4)

Thannks,
Thiago