[ejabberd] acl by IP address + auto add users in userlist

Pedro Zorzenon Neto pzn at mandic.com.br
Wed Apr 2 18:16:46 MSD 2008

Hi,

   I'm new to ejabberd, I installed 2.0.0 three days ago to replace my
three years old jabberd14. ejabberd seem great, very lightweight and
efficient!

   I have two questions:

   - is there any way to make an "acl" to make it possible to register
new users based on client IP address? This server is run in intranet for
local users only. There is a port in Internet for the users to access
when they are traveling. I woulnd't like IPs outside 192.168.0.0/16 to
be allowed to register new users.

   - in this small network, around 30 people, I need everyone to see
everyone. Is there any way to auto-add everyone in the userslist of
everyone? in my old jabberd14, the configs were in plain xml at
/var/lib, so I wrote a simple script to add everyone to the userlist of
everyone. Adding or deleting users is around twice a month; I can run a
script by hand when someone is added or deleted. Is there any solution
for this in ejabberd?

   Thanks in advance,
   Pedro