[ejabberd] ejabberd with mysql master/master replication

Michiel Frishert michielf at garagegames.com
Fri Apr 4 05:19:18 MSD 2008

I'm looking at switching our site from jabberd2 to ejabberd, for both
scalability and redundancy and I need to use MySQL for the database.
Is it possible to have ejabberd use a cluster of mysql servers that
are set up in master/master replication mode, and gracefully stop
using one of the db servers if it fails? Because without this, the DB
behind ejabberd will become a single point of failure.

thanks for any insights!
- Michiel