[ejabberd] Re : MUC management from Admin Console

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 20:32:20 MSD 2008

2008/4/2, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com>:
> * create room:
>  Only possible with a Jabber client. There is a feature request to
>  implement an ejabberdctl command to allow massive room creation (this
>  is a simple & dirty way to migrate from a MUC service like
>  mu-conference to ejabberd's mod_muc). I'll try to implement that
>  during April.

I wrote a new command in mod_muc_admin to create rooms listed in a text file.
It can be found in ejabberd-modules SVN.
The default room options can be defined with mod_muc option default_room_opts.

Example usage:

$ cat rooms.txt
room1 at conference.localhost
room2 at conference.localhost
room3 at conference.localhost

$ sudo ejabberdctl muc-create-file `pwd`/rooms.txt
Creating room room3 at conference.localhost
Creating room room2 at conference.localhost
Creating room room1 at conference.localhost
Restart MUC or ejabberd for changes to take effect.

---