[ejabberd] Need help configuring with JWchat

Laura McCord mccordl at southwestern.edu
Mon Apr 14 23:15:58 MSD 2008

Hi,

  I have ejabberd working if using a client like gaim, adium, etc..
but I need to get it working with JWChat. I have tried the different
tutorials but haven't had much luck. First, I have a typical
installation of Apache2 running on my chat server. I also have jwchat
installed in my /srv/www/htdocs directory and I can access the welcome
screen of jwchat.

I am using ejabberd 2.0 and I can't get the http-bind working and I am
unable to get anything working through port 5280. I tried the
following but it didn't have any affect:

  http.conf
  LoadModule proxy_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_proxy.so
  LoadModule proxy_http_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_proxy_http.so
  LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_rewrite.so

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule /http-bind/ http://mychat.example.com:5280/http-bind/
  ProxyPass /http-bind/ http://mychat.example.com:5280/http-bind/

I have this in my ejabberd.cfg file:
  {5280, ejabberd_http, [
                          {request_handlers, [
                           {["web"], mod_http_fileserver}
                          ]},
                          http_bind,
                          http_poll,
                          web_admin
                         ]}

  {mod_http_bind,  []},
   {mod_http_fileserver, [
                          {docroot, "/srv/www/htdocs"},
                          {accesslog, "/var/log/ejabberd/webaccess.log"}
                         ]},

Thanks