[ejabberd] Need help configuring with JWchat

Laura McCord mccordl at southwestern.edu
Tue Apr 15 19:18:41 MSD 2008

I did try what you suggested and I put the following in the httpd.conf
file but nothing happened. I restarted both ejabberd and apache2 and
when I tried opening http://mychat.example.com:5280/http-bind/ the
browser just kept churning.

LoadModule     proxy_module            /usr/lib/apache2/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule     proxy_http_module    /usr/lib/apache2/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule     rewrite_module          /usr/lib/apache2/mod_rewrite.so

RewriteEngine   On
RewriteRule      /http-bind/   http://mychat.example.com:5280/http-bind/
ProxyPass         /http-bind/   http://mychat.example.com:5280/http-bind/

under my ejabberd.cfg file I have:

{5280, ejabberd_http, [
                                     {request_handlers, [
                                        {["web"], mod_http_fileserver}]},
                                        http_bind,
                                        http_poll,
                                        web_admin
                                     ]}

{mod_http_bind, []},
{mod_http_fileserver, [
                                     {docroot, "/srv/www/htdocs"},
                                     {accesslog,
"/var/log/ejabberd/webacess.log"}
                                  ]},

in config.js under /srv/www/htdocs/jwchat I have this:

var SITENAME = "mychat.example.com";

var BACKENDS contains the default settings.

Thanks for you help.

Laura