[ejabberd] Need help configuring with JWchat

Chris Jones chris at cjones.org
Tue Apr 15 21:51:28 MSD 2008

I have jwchat working with ejabberd. Here's how mine is set up: In
jwchat's directory, I have a .htaccess with the following:

Options +Indexes +Multiviews
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule http-poll/ http://localhost:5280/http-poll/ [P]

Then in jwchat's config.js I have:

var SITENAME = "cjones.org"
var BACKENDS =
[
                {
                        name:"Ejabberd",
backend",
                        httpbase:"http-poll/",
                        type:"polling",
                        servers_allowed:['cjones.org']
                },
];

I didn't change anything in my ejabberd config to get this working, as
far as I can remember. I note that ejabberd.cfg has, in its (listen ...)
expression, the following:

  {5280, ejabberd_http, [
                         http_poll,
                         web_admin