[ejabberd] Is there a thorough example of using pubsub ?

Norbert Klamann Norbert.Klamann at projecthome.de
Tue Apr 15 17:52:45 MSD 2008

Hello all,
I plan to build up a jabber-based piece of infrastructure and wish to use the
Publish/Subscribe Paradigma. I use a similar principle for a desktop - based GUI
program and find it really enjoyable and natural.

Now I want to build a LAN-wide infrastructure and want to use an open protocol.
Enter jabber. I have to admit that I am rather new to jabber and I have a hard
time to get a grip on this pubsub stuff.

At the moment I play around with a ejabberd 2.0.0.

I would very much appreciate basic exanples for the following steps

 * create a node under the 'pubsub/nodes' hierarchy.
   This :
   <iq to='pubsub.A96200CH' type='set' id='H_2'>
		<create node='/pubsub/nodes' />
		<configure/>
	</pubsub>
   </iq>
   gives a 403.
 * even the other actions would be nice, but create note is the most
   important at the moment.

Thanks for listening

Norbert