[ejabberd] mysql problem

Chris Dobbs chris_dobbs at dobbscr.karoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 04:34:01 MSD 2008

All,
I am trying to get ejabberd to work with mysql and am having a strange issue.
When i start the server the sasl.log shows me this crash dump:

=CRASH REPORT==== 14-Aug-2008::09:24:13 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.1747.0>
    registered_name: []
    error_info: {bad_return,{{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                              {'EXIT',database_module_missing}}}
    initial_call: {application_master,init,

I have install all the correct modules into /usr/lib/ejabberd/ebin
myccomms:/etc/ejabberd# ls /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin
mod_archive_odbc.beam  mysql_auth.beam  mysql.beam  mysql_conn.beam  mysql_recv.beam

and used this install guide:http://samueladam.net/2008/03/19/install-ejabberd-xmpp-server-mysql

What is going on here as everything looks ok
-Chris Dobbs