[ejabberd] mysql problem

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Thu Aug 14 13:00:01 MSD 2008

Hello,

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:34:01 +0100, "Chris Dobbs"
<chris_dobbs at dobbscr.karoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I am trying to get ejabberd to work with mysql and am having a strange
> issue.
> When i start the server the sasl.log shows me this crash dump:
>
> =CRASH REPORT==== 14-Aug-2008::09:24:13 ===
>   crasher:
>     pid: <0.1747.0>
>     registered_name: []
>     error_info: {bad_return,{{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
>                               {'EXIT',database_module_missing}}}
>     initial_call: {application_master,init,
>

> I have install all the correct modules into /usr/lib/ejabberd/ebin
> myccomms:/etc/ejabberd# ls /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin
> mod_archive_odbc.beam  mysql_auth.beam  mysql.beam  mysql_conn.beam
> mysql_recv.beam

1) What ejabberd version do you use?

2) I believe that besides this crash report in sasl.log you should have
more detailed message in ejabberd.log (or wherever your logging is set to),
like "ejabberd is configured to use '~p', but the following Erlang modules
are not installed: '~p'". Try searching for this message, as it will
contain the list of modules ejabberd thinks are missing.

> and used this install
> guide:http://samueladam.net/2008/03/19/install-ejabberd-xmpp-server-mysql

You might want also consider reading/following this guide:
http://support.process-one.net/doc/display/MESSENGER/Using+ejabberd+with+MySQL+native+driver

--
Good luck!                                     Alexander