[ejabberd] Re strict LDAP Attributes?

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 07:19:19 MSD 2008

kato wrote:

>Using LDAP for authentification, ejabberd 2.0.1 generally attempts to
>retrieve all attributes for a specific user. I'd like to restrict this to a
>certain small set, such as [uid, sn, disabled, securityEquals].
>Reason: It's not exactly useful retrieving all attributes for 6000 users (as
>in inevitable LDAP timeout).

I'm not sure what do you mean. Where exactly ejabberd attempts to
retrieve all attributes?
In every eldap:search requests ejabberd specifies attributes to
retrieve. Thus, in
ejabberd_auth_ldap:get_vh_registered_users_ldap/1 - no attributes specified;
ejabberd_auth_ldap:find_user_dn/2 - no attributes specified;
mod_vcard_ldap:find_ldap_user - only ldap_vcard_map attrs specified;
mod_vcard_ldap:search/2 - ldap_search_reported attrs specified.

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.